About the Job
Part-Time Administrative Assistant, Baptist Church of West Chester, West Chester, PA
Are you passionate about assisting and supporting others? Do you want to be part of a dynamic church ministry that encourages people to “live connected” to God, one another and the wider community? Do you enjoy working independently? Then join our ministry!
The Admin. Assistant serves as the Pastoral Partners assistant and manages the church office.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Drafting and sending correspondence such as guest letters and congregational mailings.
- Preparing professional church documents, eg. Weekly bulletins, newsletters, power point presentations, annual reports and other documents.
- Create weekly Power Point Presentation for Church Announcements on Lowry Hall Television.
- Create and maintain various church schedules and maintain church calendar
- Keep office files organized and up-to-date.
- Maintain church database program
- Update and manage church web-site in partnership with other staff and volunteers
- Order office and other supplies as requested by pastor and/or church boards
- Greet and direct guests, process incoming and outgoing mail, receive phone calls and take messages
- Other duties as assigned by senior pastor
Ability to work independently
Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point), MS Outlook, database management
Willingness to learn new skills
Operate with integrity and positive and cheerful attitude
Good time management skills, Excellent people skills, ability to prioritize and solve problems, detail oriented, strong communication skills and ability to work well as part of a team
Two plus years’ experience in church, non-profit or small business preferred
Benefits: Competitive salary, two weeks paid vacation, sick and personal days, casual work environment, opportunities for personal and professional growth
How to apply: please e-mail your resume, a cover letter explaining your interest in being a part of our team at the Baptist Church of West Chester firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls. Please follow directions precisely.
Additional Information: This position is part time 10-3 Tuesday-Friday and reports directly to thePastoral Partners. Applications and Interviews Conducted on rolling basis until position is filled. Start date is ASAP although could be later for the right candidate.
• Post ID: 53217027 pennsylvania